Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Adventure Begins

I wrote something on my hand last night before I fell asleep, something that seemed important at the time and that I wanted to remember in the morning. It was probably to remind me to pay a bill or something, but now it’s just smeared all over my forehead. I must have had a rough nights sleep, which happens from time to time with me. My mind races while my body sleeps.

A little ink on the forehead doesn't really hurt anything though, does it? Will the woman at the coffee shop look at me any more cockeyed than normal? Eh, maybe I'll make some coffee at home today and write a little post for you, validating my blogging apprehensions.

+++

It feels funny to blog again. I closed my first blog down five years ago, after life and relationships got complicated. I was starting a new job, my parents were getting divorced, I broke up with my girlfriend (Or did she break up with me? humph...), and I was settling into a nice little pool of bitterness. My writing was turning out to be less about my thoughts and feelings, and more about writing for comments and popularity - being edgy, and, quite frankly, cruel - which wasn’t really me. I decided it wasn’t a healthy thing for me to get online and work my crap out with the world watching, not that the world really cared.

But now, I’m in a healthier spot.

Beside my profile photo, it currently it reads, “You don’t know me. I don’t know you. But if you like what I read, maybe we can change that.” This is on purpose. I changed blog providers, email addresses, and got rid all of my old material (although I hope to reference it from time to time). Even my name, “Wade Hopper”, is an alias.

Please don’t take offense to my anonymity, I’m sure you are lovely and worth getting to know, but this go around I want to stay anonymous and write with more authentically, which might mean less of a personal following.

But, if you like what you are reading, please come back and read again sometime or follow me (although metaphorically only, please - for your own health - I'm terribly clumsy). This should be an interesting adventure!



Now, off to find a mirror and my deciphering kit (everyone should have one) to figure out what this smeared bit on my forehead is all about.

Be well, critters
Wade

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Anonymity is is a great breeding ground for brilliance.

It's nice to meet you, Mr. Smith.

benbetweenthelines.blogspot.com

Wade said...

Good to meet you, Ben. Thanks for following. I think you have some really great thoughts.

You're swell.